Sunday, April 15, 2007

There is Hope

Yesterday I had the energy to help my 6 yo daughter organize and clean her room. Hallelujah!!!! It was a crazy place in there.
It really helped me feel like I got something done, with realistic expectations. I was so encouraged by a post at Organized Junkie. She interviewed Sheila Wray Gregoire about her new book on Wednesday, April 11. You can see it here. The best quote from Sheila Wray Gregoire is.....

Let it go! God gave you your home for only one purpose: to be a place of ministry where people will grow to be more like Him. That means your home is a training ground for your kids for your kids to learn how to clean, even if it’s not as clean as you would like! It’s more important for them to be trying than for everything to be perfect! That means you have to feel at ease if the kids have friends over, without worrying about all the crumbs. That means you have to be able to relax with your husband at night, without glancing at your bedroom walls and wondering when the last time you wiped them down was. It is more important to have a comfortable home where people can talk, bond, and pray than to have a house that is a showpiece where people are scared of incurring your wrath by messing something up. And you will never feel comfortable at home if you’re aiming for perfect, either! You’ll always feel like a failure, and I really don’t think God meant for us to torture ourselves like that. It wastes an awful lot of energy.



I am going to paste this to by bathroom mirror so I see it every morning!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I enjoyed that as well when I read it and I'm hoping it was helpful to many. I really need to learn to lower my expectations but it sure isn't easy.

Laura