Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Diligence Dollars


I created a system for rewards around our house. I use it mostly for homeschooling, but incorporate at other times when I see fit. We call it "diligence dollars". I printed out a small business card size of paper with the title "diligence dollars" and under that included the verse of Proverbs 12:27 "diligence is man's precious possession". When they have showed diligence in completing their schoolwork, they receive one. When they have saved five, they get to "buy" something from a goody basket. It is usually filled with sugar free gum, juice boxes, granola bars, stickers and other small items. They usually have a chance to earn five a day.
We were having some whining issues about doing some things they were not to eager to do (ie: math worksheets and handwriting). This helped to give them incentive to not whine and show a positive character quality. It worked for me! For more Works For Me Wednesday go to Rocks In My Dryer.

No comments: