Monday, April 23, 2007

"I Miss My Husband Monday"

I always miss my husband when he goes to work on Monday. I miss him most other days too, but sometimes Mondays can almost be unbearable. It is wonderful to be able to all be together for so much of the weekend, but then when Mondays come, his absence seems so much greater. I use to be able to get up with him when he got up to get ready for work. We would not talk too much as it was rather early. The hugs and smiles where enough. We would read our Bibles and sometimes comment on something we were reading. Now since I have been pregnant, I have slept in a bit to get some extra sleep, since naps rarely happen. Now I wake up in time to tell him that I love him and I hope that he has a good day,give him a quick hug, and then say good bye. I get up and the house seems so empty without him. I like to sit in his seat to read my Bible just to seem closer to him. I pray for him and pray that the Lord fills my day so it will go by quick until he gets home.

When I really think about it though, I am glad I miss my husband. I am glad something seems like it is missing when he is not home. I am glad that after 10 years, 8 hours away from him can seem like forever. I am glad that when he pulls up to the house after work, whatever difficulties that happened today will seem miles away. Thank you Lord for my husband.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is wonderful to hear. We're almost halfway at 10 years and I know how you feel. I'm glad that this feeling doesn't have to fade away over time.