Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Full Sun

My husband and I are currently in the process of removing our front lawn and planting gardens in the space. We have a bit of lawn so this is no small thing. I am having a lot of fun researching plants that I would like to have to create a beautiful cottage style natural habitat to be our front garden. However, each trip to the store, I am smitten by a plant or flower or berry producing shrub that is not on my "list". I am a sucker for a pretty face.
I buy it and then bring it home to learn about it's growing requirements. Then I need to figure out how it will fit into my plan. I have a bigger problem than this that I must confess. I have been known on occasion to challenge the proper planting intructions. Recently this secret has come to light as my husband has helped me plant some of my eco challenges. I chose to plant full sun flowers to line the west side of my home that is shaded most of the day by my neighbors fence. I just think they will look pretty there. I haven't figured out if I am an optimist, creative, stubborn, or dumb to keep trying these unproper plantings. I would like to say that I am an optimistic scientist, however I am probably just dumb and stubborn.
So, I am trying to see where this might apply to other parts of my life. Where full sun might grow in part shade. I'll get back to you on that.

No comments: